Monday, April 8, 2013

Parallels

WOW...I'm always amazed at how God talks to me through experiences with my kids. There are sooooo many similarities between their relationship with me and my relationship with God! Every. Single. Day I try to guide my kids in one direction (the right direction) and they inevitably decide that we need to do it their way (which is the wrong way, of course). If they could just see that even though it doesn't make sense to them (what I'm asking them to do)it will all work out the way it's supposed to!!! What is wrong with them?? Well, is that NOT how we are with God?? Every day He guides me in the ways I should go and I keep believing that I have a better way!! What is wrong with ME?? It truly is humbling because I am just a grumbling, whining little girl who wants it my way...{stomp foot here}. Thank you God that I do not get MY way because I would be in a world of trouble. I can't see past my face and yet He sees all of eternity. Thank you God for teaching me these lessons through my kids...even if it makes me want to pull my hair out :):) -Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment