Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Our Son Stephen

Those of you who know us know that we don't have a child named Stephen....however, we do have a sponsor child in Kenya! We have sponsored Stephen for about 3 years now and affectionately call him our Kenyan son.:) I love knowing that we are helping to make his quality of life better and reminding him of how much God loves him. We sponsor him through Compassion International (a very well respected and well known sponsorship program) and receive letters from time to time....he tells us about his school, home, parents and brothers and sisters. I want to tell everyone what a blessing it has been to be Stephen's sponsor....he has blessed us more than we've blessed him for sure. I just want to share some of his last letter....he's just so sweet and I love getting a glimpse of his life back in Kenya. If you have an ounce of interest in sponsoring a child internationally I strongly encourage you to do it! You'll be so glad you did. Keep in mind, this letter is translated so it's a little choppy at parts :) "Dear Katie, How are you? I hope you are fine. I am very fine together with my family. In my class I want to be number one...please pray for me as I work hard to perform well. Read John 3:16 :it says 'for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.' I compare your love to that of God. At home I have one sheep that you have given me. I am praying to God that next year I may have more sheep. I enjoy the activities performed at the project. I also thank the ability of our teachers. This has impacted my church devotion service where now I am a singer. I hope as you pray for me I would also like to know how you are fairing on. Please write soon and tell me more about your country. Thank you. Stephen I just love getting letters from him. I'll let y'all know when I get another one :) Take care! Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment