Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

My family and I rang in the new year in style....Sonic and then milk and water in champagne glasses at midnight! It was a fun night but definitely had me thinking about how my life has changed. 10 years ago Jeremy and I would have gone out to a fabulous dinner and then counted down with some friends. I can honestly say that while my kids are little, I love the idea of having everyone under the same roof for New Year's. I know it's something I will long for when they are older. These days will pass and everyone will head in different directions and I will stay up late worried sick about whether they are going to get home ok. While I spend a lot of my time filling sippy cups and wiping booties I know that this time is fleeting. Don't get me wrong...I will NOT miss the stress of the day in and day out (I hate when people say that to me- "enjoy this time! It passes so fast!"- ughhh) HOWEVER, I know what they mean. It's a time in your life that you wouldn't necessarily want to go back and repeat but rather I need to make a point to look around and soak up moments with my kids- find JOY in moments. We are raising our children to leave us when they are older or we haven't done our job. It's something that I'd like my husband and I to look back on and say "Well done. You did your job" As of right now I will enjoy the milk and water toasts at midnight and call it JOY! Happy New Year everyone! May God bless you in 2013!!! See ya soon! Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment